Friday, January 15, 2010

Embroidered Slippers Can Someone PLEASE Help Me With The Mechanics Of This Poem!??

Can someone PLEASE help me with the Mechanics of this poem!?? - embroidered slippers

The passionate shepherd of his love
by Christopher Marlowe
1599

Come live with me and my love,
And we will all the pleasures prove
The valleys, forests, hills and fields
Woods or income from steep mountain

And we sit on the rocks
You see the shepherds feed their flocks
Due to the shallow rivers and waterfalls
Melodious birds sing madrigals.

I make beds of roses
And a thousand fragrant bouquets
If a ceiling of flowers and a dress
Embroidered leaves of myrtle;

A dress made of the finest wool
Which of our great throw sheep;
Fair lined slippers for the cold
With gold buckles;

A carpet of straw and ivy buds,
With dressing made of coral, and amber studs;
And if these pleasures may happen to you
Come live with me and my love.

Pastors are shepherds sing and dance
For fun, you each morning in May:
If these delights can move your heart,
Then live with me and my love

1 comment:

Mary O said...

http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/wi ...

Click on the links. Each section is divided, the mechanics of poetry.

Post a Comment